In addition to directly employing local people to manage our centres, our portfolio generates a number of direct and indirect economic benefits for our local communities.
- Our community investment program, focused on alleviating youth unemployment and disengagement, creates positive employment and economic development outcomes.
- Procuring services from local and social enterprises and encouraging better labour standards from our suppliers grows local employment opportunities and helps disadvantaged segments of the community participate in the economy.
- Small to medium local businesses set up around our centres serving our consumers and expanding the economic activity around our centres.
- Large development projects span many years creating employment opportunities with contractors during construction and retailers post completion.
- Our diverse retail offering provides broader societal and lifestyle benefits through access to gyms, cafes and restaurants, cinemas and health and wellbeing services.